Cold lithuanian beet soup is a great quick meal and a summer cooler. A perfect summer soup that’s absolutely delicious.
- 450 g potatoes
- 500ml kefir or buttermilk
- 2 large cucumbers, diced
- 3 medium beets, boiled and peeled
- a bunch of chives, chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- crème fraiche
- a bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- freshly grounded pepper
How to Make
- Either boil the potatoes or saute them in oil before serving.
- Blend in a blender the kefir and beets then season with salt and pepper. Add salt to balance the taste because beets give a lot of sweetness, add salt according to your taste.
- Stir in the diced cucumber. Serve on a plate a dollop of crème fraiche, a slices of egg and sprinkled chives, dill, and potatoes on the side.